question

Test Aspire avatar image
Test Aspire asked jenn-community-moderator commented

salesforce classic outgoing call

I am very new to Ringcentral. When I go by Click to dial, it shows me, "Your call could not be completed. Please try again later". Is it something about, Ringcentral issue ? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

byron-sanchez9001 avatar image
byron-sanchez9001 answered jenn-community-moderator commented
I'm getting the same error. It happens whenever I try to dial by clicking a lead's phone number in Salesforce.

Here's a screen:

https://i.imgur.com/sT3rL74.png

I dug a bit deeper and found this error in Google Chrome's Developer Tools Window:

Refused to execute JavaScript URL because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'nonce-bb3def57-5b49-00d4-88e3-4e60bb19b80f' chrome-extension: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval' https://sfdc.azureedge.net *. na50.visual.force.com 'unsafe-eval' https://ssl.gstatic.com/accessibility/". Note that 'unsafe-inline' is ignored if either a hash or nonce value is present in the source list.

I tried Click To Dial on both Chrome and Microsoft Edge and received the exact same error as well.

So I'm wondering if this is something the RingCentral engineering team might have to address?

I'm not sure. Let me know if there's something I need to do on my end.

Thank you!

8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mounika avatar image mounika commented ·
one of the users was getting the same error message although ring central is kept as the default app for calling. It was working fine in classic but getting an issue in lightning.
0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
Hi Mounika! 

The issue is caused by the version 77 Chrome update which removes its ability to remember the Application associated with a browser command eg. Calling.

I just want to verify which browser are you using now?

Thanks! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi jenn,

The used was on chrome 80
0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
Alright, thanks for that! Can you try Mozilla Firefox, please?

Let me know if that works! Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi jenn,

Tried in Safari.  Same issue, but a different verbiage in the javascript console.

"Refused to execute a script because its hash, its nonce, or 'unsafe-inline' does not appear in the script-src directive of the Content Security Policy."
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jitender-kumar3362 avatar image
jitender-kumar3362 answered
Hello Byron, 
This error may not be relevant to click to dial. You may be aware that RingCentral App requires a RingCentral phone to be able to make calls.  There are two options for phone making an outbound calls from Salesforce App, You can either use the RingCentral Desktop software phone(aka softphone) or your desk phone.  The App basically makes two legs of incoming phone call, one to your RingCentral phone and other to the party you trying to reach. In this case your RingCentral phone is not reachable.  Can you please double check your setup to make sure your RingCentral phone device (Softphone or deskphone) are able to take incoming call. 
1 |3000

byron-sanchez9001 avatar image
byron-sanchez9001 answered
Yea, you're right.

It's working for me perfectly me now. Both the desktop softphone for RingCentral and dialing out to my cell phone.

I'm having no other problems, so it looks like the integration is working perfectly :)

Thank you!
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hello! Could you share a screen shot?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app