question

charnley avatar image
charnley asked ·

How can I let certain calls thru DND? I.E. - I want to put my phone on DND for a meeting, but I still want calls from my boss to ring thru?

How can I let certain calls thru DND? For example, I want to put my phone on DND for a meeting, but I still want calls from my boss to ring thru?
**We use a combination of deskphones, PC App and Phone Apps**
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
Very simple...set up an Advanced Calling Rule and set the conditions to ONLY accept phone calls from the numbers (your boss's numbers) you enter. Set the Advanced Calling Rules either ON/OFF at the beginning/end of each meeting you don't want your phone to ring. Do not set the DND or you will not even get his calls.
1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

That's correct, but I'm not sure they want to have to go into the portal every time they have a meeting. In addition to the advanced rule allowing calls from your boss, you'd need turn on call screening to block all calls so that other calls don't go through. As far as the DND setting is concerned there's no way to get around that.
1 Like 1 · ·
Booker DeWitt avatar image
Booker DeWitt answered ·
Hello Charnley!

Unfortunately there is no way to turn on DND where it will still let certain calls through. It's an all-or-nothing setting.

chris-duquette avatar image
chris-duquette answered ·
jans suggestion is the only option i can think of as well, but it would be nice if theres a way to allow certain calls through and block everything else without having to sign in to toggle rules on or off. on the other hand, thats what the advanced call rules are for after all.

charnley avatar image
charnley answered ·

Setting a rule and turning it on each time, while cumbersome, is not the end of the world.  The real issue with that suggestion is that blocking calls truly blocks the call - no option to go to voice mail.  Yes, it would be nice if you could set numbers 'favorites' or 'priority' and have the option of letting them thru on DND. (think Apple and their DND feature).

1 comment Share

yeah, exactly, if the setting could be fully customize-able so a user could either send the call to another user or queue, or send it to their VM, or something that would not just block the call but route it elsewhere. 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces