question

trinh avatar image
trinh asked ·

RingCentral Chrome Extension: Not Authorizing

Since last Friday (01/19), I have several users in my company that cannot Authorize RingCentral in the Chrome Extension. Clicking on the Blue Button does nothing. I've already submitted a ticket, and am waiting for a followup.

Troubleshooting Steps:
1) Remove the extension and reinstalled it.
2) "Reset" Chrome (cache, history, etc.)
3) On a new computer, I logged in with a new account, downloaded a new version of Chrome, and installed the extension from the Chrome Web Store. Issue persists.

Again, this also occurred on a new computer/new build.

Chrome Version: 63.0.3239.132 (64-bit)
RingCentral Version: 3.1.6.1

I also tried using Chrome Beta and Chrome Canary. Issue persists.

Anyone else has this issue? Any other troubleshooting steps available?

Thanks!
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hi Trinh,

Sorry for the issues! We are aware of this and working very hard to fix it. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

guillaume-bleau avatar image
guillaume-bleau answered ·
I am facing the same issue with version 3.1.6.1

mike-blumenstein avatar image
mike-blumenstein answered ·
Still having this problem... 3.1.6.1 Any followup on this issue??

nicholas-gaul avatar image
nicholas-gaul answered ·
Any updates on this? Just started having this problem all of a sudden today and not sure why it suddenly stopped working?

trinh avatar image
trinh answered ·
Since no one has responded...

My last communication from RingCentral was on 01/23. I haven't heard anything until I reached out yesterday. This should be fixed in the next Chrome Extension update. Unfortunately, there's no ETA for that release.

Nicholas Gaul: From my team's investigation, when Google released Chrome version 63.0.3239.132, it changed the way apps are authorized. I was able to check that with the older versions of Chrome, the extension still worked (however, it auto-updates when you're in the Help/About screen... so, I kinda screwed them being able to use their extension :( Figures).

To prevent this from occurring, you need to prevent Chrome from updating. However, this advice will be too late for the majority of the people. You can try to downgrade Chrome, but that was too much effort for the number of people that I support for them to use this extension.

If anyone has better advice, please share.

kat-beaulieu avatar image
kat-beaulieu answered ·
I'm having this problem as well

guillaume-bleau avatar image
guillaume-bleau answered ·
Unless you move back to a previous version of Chrome, the solution is to wait for RingCentral to process this in the next iteration of their Chrome extension. It would be great to have an employee from RingCentral to confirm it is in the pipeline for the next build.

david-lee16504 avatar image
david-lee16504 answered ·
We apologize to users who are experiencing this authorization issue.  Google recently made a change that caused the authorization feature on RingCentral for Google Chrome to fail. We have been working with Google to resolve this and hope to have a fix shortly.

david-lee16504 avatar image
david-lee16504 answered ·
We have produced a beta solution to address this issue.  The beta solution requires users to specifically log into their Chrome browser using their corporate Google account.  As such, we believe it's not ideal for all users and are continuing to work with Google to create a more acceptable solution.  However, if you're willing to try out this beta solution, please email us at isvdev@ringcentral.com and we'll send you the instructions and link to the beta.
2 comments Share

I can confirm, the beta solution worked for me and I am back to work. In fact, I actually like this manner better, since it's using the Chrome sign-in, I'm always authenticated where before I had to re-authenticate several times with the plug-in.

David, this is my vote to KEEP this method along with the new solution you come up with in the next release. 
1 Like 1 · ·
I second Mike's comment!
0 Likes 0 · ·
ryan-chapman avatar image
ryan-chapman answered ·
I've reached out to RC for an update on the release but still no word. 
1 comment Share

email us at  isvdev@ringcentral.com and we'll send you the instructions and link to the beta.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces