question

Noah Stahl avatar image
Noah Stahl asked ·

RingCentral usability from China

A user is planning to travel to China with the RingCentral app on phone and computer. Assuming internet is used via the app, does anyone know what to expect regarding connectivity and the performance thereof? The use case is making and receiving calls to the US from China.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
I haven't traveled there myself, but I know several people that have and do.  First, it is a HUGE country so it will depend in some part on where you visit.  China is infamous for restricting and intercepting internet traffic so I would go with the expectation that it should generally work, but I would not expect great quality and reliability and be prepared for the possibility it may not work well enough or at all.  Like, have a plan B for communication.

Of course, you may end up lucky and working out of a location with great connectivity and every thing works fine.

Good luck.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Noah,  Brandon is right.  In theory, it will work.  However some foreign countries have their own state sponsored/owned telecoms, and sometimes restrict VoIP communications.  Also, as Brandon eluded, you'll still need an adequate internet connection. 

The best suggestion I have is to get on Google and search to see what you can find with regard to the specific area/city you are traveling too. 

Mike

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces