question

nate-desautels8780 avatar image
nate-desautels8780 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

RC Desktop App: Scaling Issues

1. Account type: US

2. Please see the case for screenshots - The case number is: 06753416

3. The Desktop application for RingCentral has issues with Windows 10 scaling.

For some reason, the title bar cuts off the top row and forces me to click lower than the buttons are. It's incredibly difficult to open up my user settings because it's not even displayed.

The laptops we use have high density monitors on them, so we have to scale from native 3200x1800 down to 1920x1080. Once that's done, Win10 turns on some funky scaling percentage setting that impacts application and font size. (This is most likely impacting the app - it messes with the title bars)

4. A solution to Windows 10 scaling setting impacting the UI

5. I have reinstalled the application several times to no result. When I reimaged my laptop, it was fixed for a day, then went back to having the issue.

6. I'm currently on 9.3.4, but this happened with the previous versions as well

7. N/A

8. This is impacting any users on Windows 10 in our company - roughly 50% of those users have this issue. Since we're moving to USB headsets soon, this is going to be fairly urgent.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jared-saeger8485 avatar image
jared-saeger8485 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
I had scaling issues that caused the notification pop up to disappear off the monitors. Try creating a text file, rename it config.ini -- and type one of the three lines in it (try one at a time): QtRenderMode=Angle, QtRenderMode=OpenGL, QtRenderMode=Software. Put this file in the install folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\RingCentral\SoftPhoneApp. The QtRenderMode=OpenGL is the one that worked for me.

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nate-desautels8780 avatar image nate-desautels8780 commented ·
If the app breaks after a while, I'll keep this in my back pocket. Last week when I updated, it took ~2 days to break.
0 Likes 0 ·
le-anne-lindsay13150 avatar image le-anne-lindsay13150 commented ·
I don't understand these instructions.  Please help my app is too small. Having trouble dialing.

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Le Anne, did you still need help? Have you contacted our Support Team?
0 Likes 0 ·
tyson-franco15645 avatar image tyson-franco15645 commented ·
I am running the latest version, just downloaded it two days ago. On my dual monitors the application is normal. When I move the application to my Dell (Win 10) 13 inch it shrinks to an incredible small font.. see attached. 
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Tyson, 

Can you confirm if the resolution for the 13" window is the same or different than the other monitors? 
0 Likes 0 ·
nate-desautels8780 avatar image
nate-desautels8780 answered saadetswift16514 commented
The update fixed the issue! - I'll get this sent out to everyone. Thanks for the help.
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hooray! You're very welcome :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Nate, can you upgrade to the 9.4 version and let me know if you still have issues? 
https://www.ringcentral.com/office/features/desktop-apps/overview.html
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app