question

ann1 avatar image
ann1 asked shawn-works commented

URL Links through Desktop App Texting

We have the ringcentral desktop app for texting. We can not get links to go through. How can this be done? We need the ringcentral app to text back and forth with for Text, Pictures and Bitly Links

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

circus-office7614 avatar image
circus-office7614 answered
It works very well on our account.  I can send and receive links in either direction.  Can you better describe your problem?  How are you entering your URL's?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
I was curious so I just tried this myself and it worked fine.  Where are you having trouble?  Here is my example sent from RC Desktop app and received on Google voice:

Sent-

Received-

1 |3000

weaver12 avatar image
weaver12 answered bjsvec commented
Thanks for the responses. 1st, I copied/pasted my link into bitly then copied & pasted the bitly address and tried to send a text message to my cell phone through the online app. On the desktop, it looked like it went through, but the message never got sent to my cell phone. I also want to know if I can send a picture from the app to the phone. If yes, how to do it. 
1 comment
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
I wonder if your mobile provider blocks it to try to prevent malware, spam, etc?  Maybe try sending the same URL from Google Voice or another mobile phone to test?

Yes, you can send pictures with the RC mobile app.  When you create a new text you should see an icon on the lower left above the keyboard that looks like a picture.
0 Likes 0 ·
weaver12 avatar image
weaver12 answered
I've been looking at this and found that I can't use Bitly for some reason. However, I was able to use TinyUrl, so it solved my problems. Thank you for giving the suggestions.
1 |3000

mobile-iv-services avatar image
mobile-iv-services answered
I've had this same issue for weeks, anytime I send someone a link to review our business. HIGHLY ANNOYING

1 |3000

jeff-beck avatar image
jeff-beck answered shawn-works commented
I tried using tiny.cc and that doesn't seem to work either. It would be really great if these limitations didn't exist.

2 comments
1 |3000

jeff-beck avatar image jeff-beck commented ·
The other issue is that the desktop app doesn't let you know the texts don't go through. Fortunately I noticed on the phone app.

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-works avatar image shawn-works commented ·
I have been having the same problem sending my Zoom links to my team and clients since we have been forced to do more video conferencing and webinars because of the pandemic
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app