question

allan-sanchez8169 avatar image
allan-sanchez8169 asked mary-community-moderator edited

Mass Texting (SMS)

I'd like to follow up the feature request of mass-texting. Instead of copy and pasting one phone number at a time from a spreadsheet; is there a way where you can choose multiple cells on the Excel and paste it to Ring Central App to mass text?

sms and text messaginghigh-volume sms
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Lance Gentry avatar image Lance Gentry commented ·

I agree with the need for this.

I like RingCentral, but may move to Textbetter if this feature is not implemented soon. It is hard to believe people have been asking for this for years without it being implemented. This can be very simply done along with allowing us to slightly customize our text message (such as including the recipient's name). Here are two simple ways we could do this.

One, allow us to cut and paste a bunch of phone numbers at once to the RingCentral app for texting. Right now we have to cut and paste one number at a time, and I just did over 300 of them on one day. That's asking for carpal tunnel syndrome and there is no good reason for this.

Two, allow us to upload a spreadsheet or .csv file with two fields. The first field would be the phone number and the second field would be the text message. That would easily allow us to use our own software to customize each message, and then upload it to RingCentral for texting. This would be my number one request and I would then be very motivated to encourage other people to switch to RingCentral as well.

Both of these upgrades should be simple to implement, and would make a huge difference for those of us who use texting to communicate professionally.
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Lance Gentry commented ·

Hi Lance, we have an ongoing Beta for mass SMS. To know more about this, please go to our Support site at https://support.ringcentral.com/ and search for High Volume SMS.

2 Likes 2 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Lance Gentry commented ·

@Lance Gentry High Volume SMS may be something of interest to you.
Please check out this link from the Developer team on this feature.
I've seen that you've added your vote to this in the Ideas Portal as well - thank you!

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hi Allan,

Sorry, not at this time.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app