question

natasha avatar image
natasha asked ·

How can I be assigned a new account manager / unhappy with my rep

Main Account Number 843 640 5251
Name Natasha Day
Call back number 843 471 5987
Best time to reach me: any time

My account manager is condescending and unhelpful.  I do not want to work with him nor do I want him involved in my account in any way.

I signed up for RingCentral 5 days ago, as I need a new phone system for my business.  The reviews for RingCentral online were good, so I signed up for the trial.  I need 3 lines and I need a program that integrates with Salesforce.  I made a mistake on signing up, because I incorrectly selected the wrong trial and was not able to add the lines that I needed.

Today, I reached out via Chat to get the problem addressed, and I spoke with Carlo, and he was not willing to help me.  He said that once the error was made it was company policy to charge me in order to fix it.  I would lose the free trial and all he could offer was the "30 day money back guarentee".  I told him that was not acceptable, that I made an error, as a new user, that it couldn't just be quickly fixed so that I could fully test out the program as the trial was intended.

He offered to charge me for 30 days and refund 14 days if I also signed a 2 year contract.  He was pushy and seemed more interested in selling me something than assisting me.  I asked for escalation to a customer service manager and he replied "Mam I am an account manager."

Here is the text of part of the conversation that I found especially concerning (bolded):

Me
and then you try to force me into a 24 month contract when what I am asking for is easily avaliable on the website
9:46:14 AM
Lian Carlo R
we are not forcing you, we are giving you option
9:47:55 AM
its an upgrade thats why you will be charged, you will have a 30 day monye back guarantee anyway, evn yhough you signed up for a contract
9:50:34 AM
Me
just forget it, nevermind
9:50:42 AM
please leave everything as is
9:50:49 AM
Lian Carlo R
you can use the service for a month if it doesnt work out you can cacel it with in a month and get a refund
9:50:58 AM
Me
no thank you.  that is not what I am asking for
9:51:15 AM
Lian Carlo R
i dont see how is that difficult
9:51:18 AM
you can use the service then try it for 30 days, if it doesn't work out you can cancel it then get a refund

All I want is to receive the 14 day trial for 3 lines on the premium package since it works with Salesforce.  That's what I would like to do.  It's available on the website during sign up, I just didn't understand what I was signing up for.  Why isn't this an easy fix?  I want to see that RingCentral is an easy partner to work with...  I realize there is only 10 days left in my trial so I am happy with using it for 10 days.  I just need to try it out, it doesn't matter if it's 10 days or 14 days - whatever is left on the trial works.  I do NOT want to lose the phone number already associated with the account.  

I had fully intended to sign up and already loaded my credit card information.  This experience has me questioning my decision.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hi Natasha, 

I am so sorry that this happened to you! :( I've escalated this to our Sales Managers.
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces