question

riddle8936 avatar image
riddle8936 asked ·

What is SIP Forwarding?

My call log is showing that some of my calls have the action of "SIP Forwarding." The number is not being forwarded anywhere and I want to make sure that I am receiving all of my calls to the right location.

We do not use any IP phones. Only Desktop Apps.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Riddle,

Don't worry :P SIP Forwarding stands for Session Initiated Protocol, and is the underlying protocol our product utilizes to send the call to your Desktop App.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sonal-gupta9796 avatar image
sonal-gupta9796 answered ·
Hi RingCentral, 
we have user group to ring few specific users after 4 rings/20 sec which shows as sop forwarding in ringcentral web call log but no call log in ringcentral desktop app and also not showing inbound call in salesforce ringcentral app. Is this a bug or issue with RingCentral ?
3 comments Share

Hmmm...I haven't heard of that happening before. I would suggest opening a case so we can take a look!

0 Likes 0 · ·
Thanks for reply, my case# 07049122 , could you please escalate it. I believe it is ringCentral issue/bug
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Sonal,

The Agent assigned to your case will troubleshoot and escalate if need be.
0 Likes 0 · ·
angie-michelini1340 avatar image
angie-michelini1340 answered ·
We're having the same problem.   I opened a support case

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces