question

caitlin avatar image
caitlin asked ·

Takes 15 minutes to join a call?

I don't have a RingCentral account. A client I am working with uses RingCentral for videoconferencing. When I click on the meeting link, it goes to the URL and then launches the popup, and I click 'Open Link' to open it through the RingCentral software I have downloaded. From there it takes about 15 minutes with apparently nothing happening to open the video call. Until today, it worked fine once I was in the call, but today it spontaneously froze my entire computer in the middle of the call. There's not much I can see in the situation to troubleshoot. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app. Any suggestions?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cglassy avatar image
cglassy answered ·
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets 

2018-02-21   So many variables in the scenario that are not RingCentral related.

It is probably more to do with what type device they are running,  what version of operating system, is it via the App or via a web browser to access, is the browser actually up to date, what version of the App are you running.  What type of internet connection is it being made via etc.   

Perhaps providing a little more technical background details of what your install looks like would help others assist in troubleshooting this issue.   

I would seriously bet it is not on the RingCentral side of the connection.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

caitlin avatar image
caitlin answered ·
Thanks for responding, Cecile. I am on an ASUS F555LA laptop using Firefox 58.0.2. I have had this problem on multiple internet connections. I have installed RingCentral Meetings and most recently updated it a few days ago. The only "major" software I have running all the time in the background is Flux, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

cglassy avatar image
cglassy answered ·
Review your Event Application Log. Consider terminating Flux while booting your meeting access and rule it out.

caitlin avatar image
caitlin answered ·
I don't see anything of note in the event log and stopping Flux didn't seem to affect it at all. When I click on a meeting URL, RingCentral opens pretty quickly (brings me to dialog box where the "Join a Meeting" button is grayed out) but then nothing happens for 15 minutes and then the call opens. Thanks for your help.

chris-verdin avatar image
chris-verdin answered ·

Just curious if the meeting you are joining has the option checked to allow join before host or not.  If not try enabling it. 

I would also try disabling any anti virus software or firewall rules to see if any of this helps. 

caitlin avatar image
caitlin answered ·
Thanks, Chris. Today I opened a meeting I was not hosting about 20 minutes early and after the 15 minutes had elapsed I was able to join and be the first person in the meeting.

I went in and specifically allowed RingCentral through the firewall but it doesn't seem to have changed anything.
1 comment Share

I would ask Support to setup a test meeting with you.  See if you can replicate it on one of their meetings. 

1 Like 1 · ·
saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hey Caitlin,

I'm curious, have you tried using Chrome? Do you have a screen shot you could share of you trying to get into the meeting?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces