question

kaluzynski avatar image
kaluzynski asked ·

Desktop App for Mac VERY BROKEN - gets itself into a non-responsive state several times a day, even after uninstalling

Desktop App for Mac VERY BROKEN - gets itself into a non-responsive state several times a day, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. High Sierra OS. 

Anyone else experiencing this? It happens to me all the time. Every day, multiple times a day. I contacted support and they suggested I uninstall and reinstall. I did, and that fixed it for about an hour. I'm not sure what triggers it but I suspect it's something to do with closing the laptop lid or putting the computer to sleep. 

I'm sharing this privately because I took a screen recording and I don't want the public at large viewing my screen, even though there's not really any sensitive information on it. 
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hello Kaluzynski,

Does it only happen after you've closed the laptop lid/put the computer to sleep? Or does it happen randomly?
4 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

After working all day today I am almost positive it's triggered by closing the lid. I say this because I haven't closed my laptop lid at all yet today and it's still working. Of course I'm not about to try to break it because I still have to answer and make several calls. but, I have put my computer to sleep WITHOUT closing the lid and it hasn't broken it yet. So I'm pretty sure closing the laptop lid is the trigger. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yep, I believe I remember seeing someone else having a similar issue. Let me do some research on this :)
1 Like 1 · ·
Thanks!
0 Likes 0 · ·
Sure thing!

So, looks like this is something that happened on the Mac version a long while ago so it's definitely weird that it's happening again :(

So! We'll need you to create a case so we can get the debug logs from your softphone and get a closer look :)

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces