question

waldon avatar image
waldon asked ·

how to set the Refresh rate of softphone calls and voicemail

Frequently I have to manually refresh to see my voicemails and new or missed calls.
Is there a setting for it?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cglassy avatar image
cglassy answered ·
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets 

2018-02-22 To be more clear, what are you using?  the Desktop App,   the Mobile App?  

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

waldon avatar image
waldon answered ·
desktop app

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hey Paul,

Are you using the Windows or Mac desktop app? What version are you on?
5 comments Share

Thanks for responding, Saadet. I have tried Chrome, it behaves similarly. There's not really anything to screenshot Once I click "open link" in the dialog box RingCentral opens pretty quickly (shows login screen) and then nothing happens for 10-15 minutes, and then it just connects.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Caitlin.

It's true there are a lot of factors that can contribute to this, so it's hard to say what is causing it without some troubleshooting. Lets take away possible contributing factors like your browser and event handlers in your OS.

As a test, could you try joining the meeting by using the meeting ID number? To do this, instead of clicking the link, simply copy the last part of the link, which should be a 10-digit number starting in 149 or 148. Once you have that number copied, manually open the RingCentral Meetings app and select "Join", then input the number.

As example: a meeting link should look like https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1495092852, just copy the Meeting ID "1495092852" and try inputting it when selecting "Join" from the main menu in RingCentral Meetings.

Let us know if that starts the meeting immediately or if there is still a wait.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thanks, Luke. When I open RingCentral Meetings, a tray icon shows up almost immediately, but then nothing happens for a few minutes even if I right click or double click on that tray icon.

Then after maybe 2 minutes, the box below pops up, but the Join a Meeting button is never clickable, always grayed like that, so I can't join a meeting except from a URL.

0 Likes 0 · ·
OK, that helps Caitlin. I think you will need to completely uninstall the RingCentral Meetings app. When you use the built-in Windows uninstall tool, it will not remove all related files for Meetings, there is one last folder you may need to remove.

Try this method:
  1. uninstall the app through the normal "add or remove programs" in Windows
  2. navigate to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming and remove the RingCentral folder
  3. restart and reinstall the RingCentral Meetings app.

In order to find the AppData folder, you will likely have to show hidden items or manually add the "\AppData\" directory to the location bar once you are looking at your user folder. See below for how to show hidden items in Windows 10.

Let me know if you have any troubles finding the folder. If the issue continues after trying this, or if you would like help removing this folder, please open a case via the web or on the phone at our Contact Support Site.
1 Like 1 · ·
I have followed these instructions and nothing seems to have changed. I will contact Support. Thank you.
0 Likes 0 · ·
waldon avatar image
waldon answered ·
Windows

saadet.swift answered ·
What version? You can find it by clicking the Gear Wheel and it will be located on the bottom left corner

saadet.swift answered ·
Please open a case so we can gather debug logs and investigate.

waldon avatar image
waldon answered ·

waldon avatar image
waldon answered ·
done

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces