question

Dan avatar image
Dan asked ·

Message "Switch call to this advice" keeps popping up in the desktop app

Account type: US
Desktop version: 9.4.3-29474

I started having this issue in the last week. After a call ends, I get a green button in the RingCentral for Windows desktop application asking if I want to switch call to this device.

There isn't another active call. If I click the "Switch" button, it tries to perform the action but I just encounter dead air. The phone number listed in the popup changes over time (often, it's the number from my last call).

If I do nothing, the green button will often disappear on it's own.

Anyone else encounter this? Suggested solutions?

P.S. Already rebooted, so that isn't a solution. ;-)
aaa
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Danp,

I've heard of a few cases of this occurring. It definitely needs to be investigated! Please open a case and include the debug logs (if you don't feel comfortable gathering them, your support agent can help).

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

andrew2014 avatar image
andrew2014 answered ·
This has happened to me recently as well.  I think it's a bug with the 9.4.3 rollout.

shannon-maggs2239 avatar image
shannon-maggs2239 answered ·
Same here.  Started when I upgraded.  

Dan avatar image
Dan answered ·
Case created (06858341) and logs uploaded.

h20 avatar image
h20 answered ·
I was told by support that this was because of how we use the RC smartphone app (we had too many users). I tried to insist it was a bug, but got the brush off. GTK that it's not just us.
1 comment Share

Sorry that happened, H20 :( It is definitely something we are looking into!
0 Likes 0 · ·
reinkemeyer avatar image
reinkemeyer answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Always says I have an active call. Even when no call is active, RC says "Switch call to this device".  When clicked, neither "Cancel " or "Switch" have any affect and it still says I have an active call.

darren-sydorko9753 avatar image
darren-sydorko9753 answered ·
I am still experiencing this issue, version 9.4.3.19474

1 comment Share

Hi Darren,

This should be resolved in our 10.0 release which is being rolled out now. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Peter van Diermen avatar image
Peter van Diermen answered ·
Not solved in 10.0 release.
1 comment Share

Hi Peter, please open a case so we can investigate

0 Likes 0 · ·
dean-bolton10514 avatar image
dean-bolton10514 answered ·
Still happening

3 comments Share

Hey Dean, 

What version of the app are you running?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Still happening and we are running v10.1.2.31099 here is the error message link below:

https://api-rcapps.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&redirect_uri=https...
0 Likes 0 · ·
I have over 200 employees and the ones using the most recent update 10.1.2.31099 are having this issue as well. Is this getting fixed?
0 Likes 0 · ·
brian-poague11754 avatar image
brian-poague11754 answered ·
I am having this same problem. Why hasn't this been resolved?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces