question

patrick-t-bulger9430 avatar image
patrick-t-bulger9430 asked ·

Sending [Secure}. What protects my emailed pdf to your fax site?

I send items with sensitive data, how would I explain how it is protected should I be ask to do so? Doesn't it go out onto the hackable web on my way from me to you?

This is a US account with no current case number.

My goal is to send my future faxes in a secure method similar to that of a [secure] outlook message.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hi Patrick,

E-Faxing (sending your fax via email) has multiple parts to it regarding security. 

The flow of a E-Fax goes like this: You send your fax through your email system -> which is then sent to RingCentral's Fax Server -> which is then sent to the Destination (analog fax machine)

So for the leg that is your email server to RingCentral's Fax Server - your email server's security is in play. Once it arrives at our Fax Server it is completely secure while it is being processed. Now, once it leaves our Fax Server and is transmitted over the PSTN (in an analog form) to the Desitnation, we have no control over any of the security.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

patrick-t-bulger9430 avatar image
patrick-t-bulger9430 answered ·
Hi Saadet,
Thank you for your help.
One additional question:  If I'm using the ring central website to fax using the faxout button in the upper right, what path and security does that follow?
Thank you in advance for your time.
Best,
Patrick
1 comment Share

Hey Patrick,

For that scenario we use HTTPS (which is a combo of HTTP and SSL/TLS).

Just to clarify, this is in reference to the first leg of the fax getting to our server. From there the last leg still is the same from our server to the destination.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces