question

lm avatar image
lm asked ·

How do I turn on spell check for the desktop chat? I've looked in preferences and in the settings, can't find it!

I've looked in preferences and in the settings, can't find it!
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Can you tell us specifically which app you are using? RingCentral meetings? RingCentral for Desktop (are you texting?) ? 

If you are using Glip, Glip has a built in spell check which displays the red squiggly line under misspelled words. 

The Meetings and softphone desktop apps do not have a spell check setting. 

Mike 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

busby avatar image
busby answered ·
Mike i did Not See away to Send a Message Direct to You can you tell me why they Stoped the Use of the Polycom VVX-401 ?

luke avatar image
luke answered ·
Hi LM,

It turns out that the RingCentral Phone app on Desktop does not have the ability to do spellcheck at this time. If you would use this feature a lot you can switch to using the RingCentral for Google plugin on the Google Chrome web browser. This plugin will use the built-in spellchecking abilities of the web browser.

If you'd like to request this feature, head over to the idea post for this feature and vote for it at the top of the page. Here's a link to idea post: Add Spell Check in the desktop version of the text messenger window.

To help our Product Team understand your request and assure it gets more consideration, please include the following details in a comment on the idea post thread:

• Number of Digital Lines on the account:
  • Account type (U.S., Canada, UK, AT&T, Telus, British Telecom):
  • A brief description of the business you perform:
  • A high level description of the product or feature being requested:
  • A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature:
  • Benefit of such feature:
  • Include any related support case number if applicable:

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces