question

robert-rodgers avatar image
robert-rodgers asked ·

RingCentral box that will provide dial tone to all the ATA phones in my house

I had Vonage service that connected to my house wiring to provide a dial tone to all the phones in the house. I switched to RingCentral and the Cisco SPA 122 box doesn't have the power to do this so I can only have one phone connected to it... which is currently in the basement. So now I have to run to the basement to answer my phone rather than the phone that is closest to me in the house. Is there a box that has more power to provide a dial tone to the entire house just like the Vonage system has for the past 10 years?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hi Robert, I am not aware of any such box. You will need an ATA for each analog phone you have.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

robert-rodgers avatar image
robert-rodgers answered ·
Sad that Vonage has the technology available but RingCentral doesn't. But is also strange that I have used Y jacks and strung wires through the house to connect both phones to the box and that works. So I am going to continue to work on this because I can't believe that it will work this way but not the other way which is basically the same process.... just not using manufactured wires and Y jacks but spliced wires.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces