question

joseph-lawrence avatar image
joseph-lawrence asked ·

How can I add a business partner's call center to my queue to share workload?

For one of our call queues, I want to share this call volume with a business partners call center.  I created a new user and I want to make that user a member of my call queue such that when the user comes up in the queue the call will unconditionally transfer to that users number.  Is that possible? 

I know how to set it up so that it will do a regular transfer but that makes the user on their end press 1 to accept the call and also limits the number of calls we can transfer to them to only one at a time.  How can I make it do an unconditional transfer?

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
luke avatar image
luke answered ·
Hi Joseph,

It turns out you cannot do an unconditional transfer for just one part of the call queue.

One method you could use would be to direct the calls to a user that has a Ring Group set up in the Call Handling & Forwarding, as opposed to having them go to the queue. There are some other differences between a call queue and a ring group, but for your purposes the benefit is that you can set up a ring group and ensure that your business partner's call center doesn't need to press 1 to receive the call.

More information on how to do this is on our articles for Rearrange Forwarding Numbers and Create Ring Groups, and Configure Incoming Call Information.
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces