question

starr avatar image
starr asked ·

Microphone (Blue Raspberry) performs poorly on Meetings

I have a Blue Raspberry mic, and it works awesome on everything except RC Meetings. Example: I have myself and one other person on a video meeting...their audio (using built in mic in laptop) sounds just fine...mine with the Blue mic sounds horrible. I have worked with Blue and they have tested and the mic is fine.
Has anyone had a similar issue with any standalone mics?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

starr avatar image
starr answered ·
Hey Saadet!!

Thanks for your response. The mic works great in all applications except RC Meeting...and If I start a meeting and don't invite anyone...its just me and I record it...then it works fine there...BUT when someone else joins the meeting my audio becomes garbled...it's not real bad...but it is not high quality.

My network speed is somewhere around 235 down and about 35 up, so it should not be the network.

Hope that helps.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hey STARR,

That's odd. Have you tried using the Blue Rasberry mic on other RingCentral products such as the RingCentral Phone for Windows/Mac? How does it perform?

When you're in an RC Meeting, have you tried testing your audio/mic? What happens?

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hmm....do you have the same issue with a different mic when you record the Meeting?

There are some settings that you can check to make sure that your Network is directing traffic appropriately for RC Meetings - Section 10 of this KB goes over the details.

Also, are you directly plugged into your internet source or are you using WiFi? Have you tried running a speed test while you're having these issues? What do you get?

starr avatar image
starr answered ·
No, I have a cheap headset that works just fine...except the audio is nowhere near what I need.

I will check out the link.

I am plugged into the router, I have not run a speed test during...but it only happens with two people or more.... If I use the headset, no worries, if I call into the meeting on the phone, no worries.
10 comments Share

Hmmm....it sounds like something is getting bogged down and causing the poor audio. Now, do you hear the poor audio while on the Meeting or only once you listen to the recording of the Meeting?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Only hear it in the recording...nobody hears it while on the meeting.
If you go here:  http://outrageouslyawesomeemployees.podbean.com/
And listen to episode 20 Patricia Bell and listen to the male voice "me" you can hear exactly what it does.
0 Likes 0 · ·
I see what you're saying! I also listened to a few others that didn't have this issue. So, what's the difference between the good quality recording vs the bad ones: Are you using the same equipment (computer, mic, etc.)? Are you on the same internet connection? Do you start the recording on Meetings, or is someone else doing that?
0 Likes 0 · ·
The difference is on the bad it is the Blue mic, on the good it is either my headset (cheapo) or on the one from yesterday, I called into the meeting and used my phone.

Same internet, same computer, I start the recording.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Man, this is tough! It's possible that the Blue mic is having some sort of compatibility issue...that's all I can think of. Besides you possibly getting a dud mic :/ You've narrowed it down to something with that mic and how it interacts with RC Meetings (since other mics with RC Meetings work just fine). 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces