question

lisa11221 avatar image
lisa11221 asked ·

"Application has temporarily lost connection to RingCentral services" error message.

Some members of our team are receiving this message as they are logging on to their desktop apps this morning. What can we do? 

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

andrew-rosales10144 avatar image
andrew-rosales10144 answered ·
I too am currently experiencing this issue but they say its an isp provider problem. I dont think so, im working hardwired on a stable internet. All other programs are working just fine except for RC desktop app itself.

@support
Please respond as some of us here actually depend on RC for our jobs. Thank you!

18 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Andrew,

Can you please tell me who your ISP is? I'm experiencing the same issue right now.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Globe ISP.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Same here. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
I reached out to ISP already, they told me that there is not connectivity issue on our end.
0 Likes 0 · ·
I did the same and that's what they told me. Looks like Lisa's problem has been resolved. How about you?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
lisa11221 avatar image
lisa11221 answered ·
I agree. Our team is working on stable internet as well. 

They updated their desktop apps to 10.0.1.30477 and this happened. 

@support Please respond and help. We have people with needs that are not being met because of this. 
5 comments Share

Hi Lisa!

Just wanted to know if you guys have the issue fixed already or if you guys are still experiencing the same thing?

Thanks!
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi, Andrew! 

We are still experiencing issues. Everything else on everyone's computers (PC and Mac) is working, including RingCentral Meetings. The only thing that is not working is RingCentral Desktop apps.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi again Lisa,

Yeah, that would be the same with me as well. I have managed to reach out to my ISP and they told me that I do not have any connectivity issues while they were checking it. All other apps on my end like skype,chrome, slack, screenmeter and others seem to be working just fine. I had the error prior to updating to version 10, so i tried updating to remedy the issue.
1 Like 1 · ·
Hi Lisa,

Are you using Globe as well?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Jansen, is your issue fixed already? Coz mine isnt yet.
0 Likes 0 · ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hi Lisa and Andrew,

Typically, that error message is occurring because there is an issue with your ISP talking to the RingCentral servers. Therefore, you are losing connection. Some things to check would be your ISP (speed test, ping plotter, etc.) - you can use DownDetector to see if your ISP is having any issues in your area at the moment. Also, it could be Network Related - especially if any changes have been made (even slight ones, depending upon what they are, can affect connectivity). 

Please open a case so we can investigate - we can gather debug logs to take a closer look

ethel-brandboom avatar image
ethel-brandboom answered ·
hi, i'm experiencing the same thing. Everything works except ringcentral.
4 comments Share

Hi Ethel

Welcome to the club mate.

What is your ISP?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Andrew,

Globe. Got in contact with somebody from support and this was their response: 

"Right now the common thing that were seeing is that all affected are Globe Telecom users."

Well it depends. If these is going to be an outage officially then our service engineers will work on these the whole day. Most outages are resolved within the day. And specially if the issue is just on RingCentrals end. 

Looks like it's gonna take them the whole day or so...
1 Like 1 · ·
yeah, but the problem with what they said is that there is no assurance regarding the matter. I do hope that they are able to fix this by tomorrow though.
1 Like 1 · ·
Yeah, I hope so too. It's affecting work productivity.
1 Like 1 · ·
lisa11221 avatar image
lisa11221 answered ·
I do not believe this a problem with their connection. I just had a meeting with all of them via Meetings and they had no issues with their connections. I am wondering if it is an issue with the app update. Where can we find an older version of the RingCentral desktop app? 

1 comment Share

Hi Lisa, you will have to contact Support for this request
0 Likes 0 · ·
lisa11221 avatar image
lisa11221 answered ·
As soon as I opened the case, I started getting messages from our team that their Desktop apps are working now. 

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Folks.. if something like this happens (internet appears to be stable, but having a problem with a specific app or service such as RingCentral) it's a good idea to run a traceroute to the source that is giving you the problem.  

How do I run a "tracert" (traceroute) report?

This will often reveal where in the network the issue might be.   Feel free to post your tracerts here if you want us to take a look.

andrew-rosales10144 avatar image
andrew-rosales10144 answered ·

am i supposed to see things like this?
2 comments Share

Hmmm....what happens when you run the tracert to 199.255.120.184?
0 Likes 0 · ·
lisa11221 avatar image
lisa11221 answered ·
Thank you for the information, Mike!!!! We very much appreciate it!! I am adding this to my troubleshooting list that I go to before reaching out to your team. 

lisa11221 avatar image
lisa11221 answered ·
These are on my Mac.

8 comments Share

But my computer is not having problems. Those who were having problems are not in my office. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Lisa, this test needs to be run on the computers of the individuals who are experiencing issues. 

Where are they located geographically? Who is their ISP?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Are your members working remotely from the philippines if i may ask Lisa?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Saadet, they are not having issues now. Does that matter? 

Yes, Andrew. The ones who had issues this morning are in the Philippines. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Lisa, please add this to a case so we can track it properly :)
1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces