question

joe-goodlund1857 avatar image
joe-goodlund1857 asked ·

Hearing Single Beep when making out calls to non-RC numbers

Starting this morning when placing a outbound to a non-RingCentral number users are hearing a single beep then ringtones and the call connects. Call recording is NOT enabled and this is effecting all users and all outbound calls to non-RC numbers. Any Ideas?? 
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lola6479 avatar image
lola6479 answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am making outbound calls, I keep hearing two beeps before the call goes through.... Two beeps before call! Please help!!!!
1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Lola did your phones get the Polycom Firmware update they pushed down in April? Mine seemed to start doing this after this update
0 Likes 0 · ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Everyone, this is the first time that I've heard of this being an issue. Please open up cases so we can further investigate.

1 comment Share

I personally called Ringcentral to fix the issue, Rep. didnt know what could be causing the beeps, I am still waiting for him to call back.
1 Like 1 · ·
joe-goodlund1857 avatar image
joe-goodlund1857 answered ·

Spoke to RC support and they have no idea what is causing this issue. An exploratory case has been opened with RC 

1 comment Share

Keep us posted!
1 Like 1 · ·
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
Are either of you making calls with a headset?  I took a support call recently where the user was hearing beeps and it turned out to be a low battery warning in their headset base station.  Just a wild guess.
2 comments Share

Problem occurs with and without headsets. It is effecting all users across our organization. RC support thinks it might have to do with the Polycom firmware update but there not sure. RC is trying to confirm the source of the issue

1 Like 1 · ·
Curious: are you hearing the beeps on calls originating via mobile or desktop APP?
0 Likes 0 · ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Curious, Lola and Joe - what are you using when you hear this beep? Are you using RingCentral Phone for Windows/Mac? A desk phone? The Salesforce, Chrome, or Outlook Plugin? Definitely include these things in your case notes but I'm also curious to know.
3 comments Share

We use Polycom VVX-410 phones

1 Like 1 · ·
Im using the phone I bought through RC Polycom
1 Like 1 · ·
Polycom VVX-310
0 Likes 0 · ·
lola6479 avatar image
lola6479 answered ·
No headset is being used.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
If I remember correctly...when I was using a Cisco 303 phone, there was a setting which would allow for a "beep" when the phone connected to outgoing calls. Not sure about Polycom phones, but I don't think that option is there for Polycoms. You might want to check the settings if you have a Cisco phone(s).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces