question

ericnixmd10364 avatar image
ericnixmd10364 asked ·

iPhone App RingOut Showed My Number "+ 4 Others"

I use the RingCentral iOS/iPhone App's RingOut mode when not on WiFi.  The other day I was calling patients back to back.  After each call, I would end the call, return to the app, dial the next number, and then make the call.

I noticed on about the third or fourth call, my iPhone was scrolling my name (which the contacts is linking to my office number) + 4 others.

My fear is that the call was not disconnecting with the previous 3 calls and they could possibly hear sensitive information.

Can someone from RingCentral verify that the app/phone was disconnecting from previous callers and that it wasn't a conference call I was creating?  Can you explain why the iPhone said "+ 4 others?"
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

oncallanswer3873 avatar image
oncallanswer3873 answered ·
That is certainly something to be aware of. Hopefully they can give you some form of explanation. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ericnixmd10364 avatar image
ericnixmd10364 answered ·
I just tested back to back calls to one of my own non-RingCentral numbers.  It kept adding an additional person ("other") with each subsequent call.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Eric,

I have never heard of this happening. You'll need to open a Support Case so we can gather more information and see if we can replicate it.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces