question

Michael Liimatta avatar image
Michael Liimatta asked sam-collins commented

Graphics card issue

I installed the desktop application and it won't start. The error message said I have an incompatible graphics card. It is an older PC with an Intel G33/G31 card. What should I do?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dan-davis10000 avatar image
dan-davis10000 answered
Download a legacy version of RingCentral Desktop or contact support to have them send you a link to a older version.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered sam-collins commented
Michael,  Installing an older version might temporarily help, but we only suggest that as a last resort and only a temporary solution.  It's always best to run the latest version available if possible.  

In this case, the first thing you'll want to do, is see if there's a newer driver available for your video card.  Often times this is a free simple fix and then you can continue running the latest version. 

In the event that you really do need to update the video card, then you may have to temporarily run an older version until you updated the video card. 

Mike
1 comment
1 |3000

sam-collins avatar image sam-collins commented ·
uninstall current graphic driver,then restart and try again to open ring central application
0 Likes 0 ·
jethro-guevarra5219 avatar image
jethro-guevarra5219 answered
Michael,

Try checking this link if there's a suitable driver for the integrated graphics of your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81519/Graphics-Drivers-for-Intel-G33-Express-Chipset

Most them are old drivers already, but you can try. Your best bet is to call our support to check if there's an old version of RC app that's compatible for the graphics card.
1 |3000

nicho-mcgee avatar image
nicho-mcgee answered dan-davis10000 commented
This is ridiculous that they would make versions that would not be compatible with previous ones. I am ready to leave ring there are way too many problems

1 comment
1 |3000

dan-davis10000 avatar image dan-davis10000 commented ·

We've been having this issue for a year now, don't think RC is too concerned with resolving.
0 Likes 0 ·
lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered
We have the same issue with Dell Optiplex 380s. Cannot install versions over 8.4. 
1 |3000

renan-macias avatar image
renan-macias answered rodil-quintana commented
Is there a list of Ring Central Phone App compatible graphic cards manufacturers?  Specifically which models or graphic card chipsets?  Thanks.
2 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Renan, unfortunately we don't seem to have one :/
0 Likes 0 ·
rodil-quintana avatar image rodil-quintana commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
kim-hilton16008 avatar image
kim-hilton16008 answered
This keeps happening to me on one of my computers. I try again, and on about the 3rd or 4th attempt, it finally opens. First, how does a phone app have problems with a GRAPHICS card? Second, how does it eventually work? 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app