question

john-macpherson10549 avatar image
john-macpherson10549 asked ·

Appalling Support service from the Philippines

With reference to my tweets and link to this page  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/can-i-speak-to-a-u-s-account-manager

Whilst we absolutely love the RingCentral application, the support team service from the Philippines is appalling. 

The language barrier is beyond acceptance and I've recently gotten to the point that I will no longer call in and ask for support as the level of understanding is well below necessary and 90% of the time results in poor or absolutely irrelevant advice. 

Today however, I had such a complex issue I had to call in.  After 17 minutes, the representative still wasn't clear what my name was.

"What is your name please"
"John MacPherson"
"OK Mr Johnson, how can we help"
"No it's John MacPherson"
"Ah Mr Joe Johnson"..

I declined to go any further.  If someone cannot understand John and mistakes MacPherson for Johnson, they won't understand my query. This isn't a once off, it's every single call.  I end every call frustrated and angry that I've wasted time trying to resolve an issue.  Simply listen to any of the call recordings. The last half dozen or so have all ended the same. 

I'm also aware that clients with 50 or more users have access to a UK call centre in Ealing. 

I don't have any issue where the call centre is but we will not continue with RingCentral unless we have access to a support team who's first language is English or is totally fluent in it, neither of which are the case with the Philippines.

Also half the calls they answer as BT Cloud.

I genuinely love RingCentral but getting support issues dealt with is honestly way too stressful to deal with, so unless something changes, we will leave. 

We currently have about 6 users but in the future plan to roll out comms package out to a network of up to 200 global agents.  
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jared16517 avatar image
jared16517 answered ·
Hi John,

I apologize that you have been experiencing difficulties while attempting to get support for your service. We are looking into this matter further to ensure that our customers get the proper communication necessary.

In the mean time, if you can provide me with the details of the issue(s) you are experiencing I would like to help you with the problem that you were calling in regards to.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jared16517 avatar image
jared16517 answered ·
Hi John,

I just wanted to follow up and see if you still needed help with the issues you are experiencing and see if there's anything further that I can do to help.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces