question

nicole10727 avatar image
nicole10727 asked ·

Mobile app rings before Desktop app?

Hello,
A handful of users in our office have reported that their mobile apps ring for a couple rings before the desktop app pops up. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is there a way to separate the 2, to force the desktop app to always ring first, then the mobile app? We're having to answer on our mobile devices and then flip the calls to our desktop app in a lot of cases.

Thanks!
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jeff-salisbury7355 avatar image
jeff-salisbury7355 answered ·

Hi Nicole - We experience the same issue, and a similar one where often the mobile app rings a few times before the desk phone rings. Multiple users have requested to be able to individually control and sequence the desk phone, desktop app, and mobile app ringing but that ability is not present yet.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-verdin522 avatar image
chris-verdin522 answered ·
My cell phone mobile app normally rings before the Desktop App does.  Usually a second or 2 delay.  But, definitely not a few rings.  

helen-aponte10827 avatar image
helen-aponte10827 answered ·
Hello everyone!

Have you tried to go to the service.ringcentral.com page > Settings > Call Handling & Forwarding option?

You will be able to customize the rings and order of all phones (cell, soft and desk phones).

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Have a nice day! :)

Helen
6 comments Share

Hi there,
I have looked at that option - I don't see any way to configure it so my desktop app rings first and then my mobile app.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Helen,

The Desktop app (RingCentral for Windows) and the mobile app are on the same control. They are not separate. Therefore they should ring at the same time...not several rings apart.

The separation of these items has been feature requested for years. However the original poster is stating that her two apps, which should ring at the same time, are not doing that. There is no way currently of timing these two apps.
1 Like 1 · ·
Jan is right they both are controlled by the same tab and cant be separated.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Nicole - Try turning off your Antivirus software on your computer and see if it helps with the ringing.  We excluded a few services and exe's in our AntiVirus and that may help.  If you turn off your Antivirus and notice the app is working better then you may need to do the same thing.

Shelly - The issue with it not ringing at all I would contact Support and have them guide you on uninstalling the app and then deleting all of the RingCentral folders.  Then reinstalling the latest version.  That seemed to help resolve my issue of the App not ringing.  
1 Like 1 · ·
Thanks, Chris.
1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces