question

jae-wook-kim5823 avatar image
jae-wook-kim5823 asked michael-osborn9860 commented

latest desktop app crashes during opening

On windows 7 computer, after installing the latest Ring Central Desktop, the application fail to launch. When you double click the icon to start, crash report will pop up saying, abnormal termination.

Before the crash report error, I was seeing "this application failed to launch QT (blah blah, i don't remember the exact message)"

Any help on this question would be nice as the application just won't launch at all to use.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

shelly-roth5155 avatar image
shelly-roth5155 answered
i tried downloading the update as well and it's not working correctly for me either.  In fact, when I restarted my computer it seemed to revert back to the prior version.  I decided not to download it because for the time period I did have it downloaded, it was not connecting to my Outlook contacts and I need those in order to work efficiently.  I have Windows 10.  

I have created a support ticket for this issue, but have yet to get someone to figure it out for me.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hi Jae and Shelly,

I see you both have Support Cases open. Please keep us apprised and let me know if you feel like you aren't getting the service you need you can reply back here or email us at  community.support@ringcentral.com 
1 |3000

tom-rex7853 avatar image
tom-rex7853 answered
I'm on Windows 10. Mine crashed again today. This happens often. I have to uninstall (no repar feature) and reinstall again.
1 |3000

jeremy-elam14833 avatar image
jeremy-elam14833 answered saadetswift16514 commented
I have a user on Windows 10 that this keeps happening to as well. I have done a complete uninstall and went as far as to remove any traces of it including from the registry as well and then tried to re-install with older client and the latest client. Still get the same thing
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Jeremy, please contact our Support Team. They can verify if it is app related or not. It's possible that something on your computer is causing an issue
0 Likes 0 ·
dave-cochran avatar image
dave-cochran answered saadetswift16514 commented

I have a Win 10 user that gets a cant connect to the network when he tries to open Meetings??

When he tries to open the desktop app it just spins for a whole then give us the same message.
I remove it from every where including the registry and there is no change. HE cant use this App at all

Very Frustrated
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Dave, we'll need to have our Tech Support Team look into it. Please either give 'em a call or start a chat with them :)
0 Likes 0 ·
brad-krivelow avatar image
brad-krivelow answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
I have a user reporting kind of the same issue. He will randomly get an abnormal termination crash window. No real rhyme or reason.

1 comment
1 |3000

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
Brad, we'd recommend working with our Support Team by opening a case.

0 Likes 0 ·
michael-osborn9860 avatar image
michael-osborn9860 answered michael-osborn9860 commented
Same problem for one of my customers.  User on Windows 7.  Yesterday the RingCentral Phone app was working fine but today when the end user logged in they got a Crash Reporter error message of "Abnormal termination."  Apparently someone ran the update last night on this pc.
I tried uninstalling then reinstalling it, the app started working for a few minutes but then the problem starts happening again.
1 comment
1 |3000

michael-osborn9860 avatar image michael-osborn9860 commented ·
I opened a support chat but they had to get the case escalated to senior support.  Since that's going to take a few days for senior support to work on I went ahead and uninstall then re-install an older version and it's working now.
  • Version that keeps crashing: 20.2.2.39769
  • Current older version now using: 20.1.0.38205 
Hopefully once senior support gets involved we can fix the latest version but until then the older version will have to do.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app