question

vasquez11437 avatar image
vasquez11437 asked Oliver Richardson answered

How to stop system alert sounds that are heard on a phone call using the softphone app

We are recent subscribers to RingCentral and still exploring the depth of possibilities as well as some of the shortcomings. We have had employees report that computer system alert sounds are clearly being heard by parties at the other end of a phone call using the softphone app. I've experienced this myself when talking to other employees. It is so distinct that I often confuse them with alerts generated from my own system.

Is there a setting we are overlooking or does anyone have an idea as to how to correct this short of disabling all alerts on an employee's system? Thanks.

softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey VASQUEZ,

This is the first time I'm hearing of this happening with the softphone. I would suggest contacting Support so we can troubleshoot. Keep us apprised of the resolution!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

delfin-posada avatar image
delfin-posada answered saadetswift16514 commented
Is there an answer to this question. Whenever I am on a ringcentral call and another call comes - I hear a system alert type of beep that mutes the call for a few seconds. Is there a way to disable this?

1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Delfin, I never head back from VASQUEZ. I would suggest contacting Support about this 
0 Likes 0 ·
Oliver Richardson avatar image
Oliver Richardson answered

Did anyone get an answer to this?

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app