question

Larry Olson avatar image
Larry Olson asked ·

How to turn off Ring Out and Turn on Direct

I am in outgoing calls on my computer app. Recently the app switched on the RingOut feature auto magically. I go in to the setting to direct dial and that feature is no longer there. How can I get it back?
General Topic
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Larry Olson avatar image
Larry Olson answered ·
I am on 10.1.2  I log in using my email which is linked to my direct number.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hmm....what happens when you log in with your direct number?

Larry Olson avatar image
Larry Olson answered ·
From the admin screen I had to deactivate the account and reactivate the account. Now it works!

Weird! It must have gotten stuck on the back end or something. Glad it's working now!

khakh5403 avatar image
khakh5403 answered ·
this has happened to 3 different users for us. Might be worth looking into as we haven't found a resolution yet.
2 comments

Hey KHAKH, please open a support ticket so we can gather debug logs :)
0 Likes 0 ·
This happened to us and we had to reinstall RC on the computer that had the problem and the problem went away.
From the admin screen I had to deactivate the account and reactivate the account.
0 Likes 0 ·
asya-yakobson avatar image
asya-yakobson answered ·
Any update on this? The same issue
2 comments

HI Asya,

Are you logging in to a new device?
0 Likes 0 ·
james-temple avatar image
james-temple answered ·
Also having same issue, some devices using the same line can switch, others cannot
1 comment

Hi James,

Please make sure that on the web portal, there are no old devices authorized to login with the specific line. You need to deauthorize it first and logout/login on the app.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey l.olson,

What version of the softphone are you on? How do you log into your extension? With a direct number or the main company number + your extension?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app