question

Larry Olson avatar image
Larry Olson asked asya-yakobson commented

How to turn off Ring Out and Turn on Direct

I am in outgoing calls on my computer app. Recently the app switched on the RingOut feature auto magically. I go in to the setting to direct dial and that feature is no longer there. How can I get it back?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Larry Olson avatar image
Larry Olson answered
I am on 10.1.2  I log in using my email which is linked to my direct number.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hmm....what happens when you log in with your direct number?
1 |3000

Larry Olson avatar image
Larry Olson answered
From the admin screen I had to deactivate the account and reactivate the account. Now it works!
1 |3000

Weird! It must have gotten stuck on the back end or something. Glad it's working now!
1 |3000

khakh5403 avatar image
khakh5403 answered Larry Olson commented
this has happened to 3 different users for us. Might be worth looking into as we haven't found a resolution yet.
2 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey KHAKH, please open a support ticket so we can gather debug logs :)
0 Likes 0 ·
Larry Olson avatar image Larry Olson commented ·
This happened to us and we had to reinstall RC on the computer that had the problem and the problem went away.
From the admin screen I had to deactivate the account and reactivate the account.
0 Likes 0 ·
asya-yakobson avatar image
asya-yakobson answered asya-yakobson commented
Any update on this? The same issue
2 comments
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
HI Asya,

Are you logging in to a new device?
0 Likes 0 ·
asya-yakobson avatar image asya-yakobson commented ·
no
0 Likes 0 ·
james-temple avatar image
james-temple answered mary-community-moderator commented
Also having same issue, some devices using the same line can switch, others cannot
1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi James,

Please make sure that on the web portal, there are no old devices authorized to login with the specific line. You need to deauthorize it first and logout/login on the app.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey l.olson,

What version of the softphone are you on? How do you log into your extension? With a direct number or the main company number + your extension?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app