question

james123456789101112131415 avatar image
james123456789101112131415 asked ben-atkinson answered

can you use a third party wifi extender

can you use a third party wifi extender

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
James,

Your question is a bit vague. Which RingCentral product are you asking this particular question about? It should make no difference with regard to RingCentral as long as you have good internet access. I have a WiFi extender in my residence which I connect to when I use my laptop in certain portions of the house. I can reach the internet so I can use the RingCentral Admin portal, I can use the Windows application, I can use the mobile app, and I can use Glip without any issues.

All the WiFi extender does is EXTEND your network capabilities in or around a structure. It has nothing to do specifically regarding RIngCentral products other than you need internet access to use RIngCentral products.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ben-atkinson avatar image
ben-atkinson answered
I just installed a Netgear EX6400 and had it working successfully.  RingCentral immediately stopped working.  As soon as I unplugged the Netgear EX6400 RingCentral started working again.  Was using the RingCentral app on my iphone 11
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app