question

alan-bercovitz842 avatar image
alan-bercovitz842 asked ·

Ring Out always fails on 1st 3 attempts

I am running version 9.3.5 and using Windows 7.  Have spoken with at least 5 RingCentral customer service personnel and they cannot fix it.  At least the 1st 3 times I try to Ring Out I end up getting a message that says "Can not initiate ring out call at this time.  Please try again later."  After the 3rd time or so I get this message, a little green box slides in that says "Calls only".  After this message appears I am able to use Ring Out and I am able to do so several times in a row.  Later in the day if I want to ring out again, I have to go through the same sequence that sometimes goes more than 3 times before I can use the system.  Thank you to anyone who may have a fix.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Alan,

Is there a reason why you haven't upgraded to the newest version of the desktop app? You're quite a bit behind which could be what's causing the issue.
13 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Because according to the 2nd RingCentral support person I spoke with, 9.3.5 is the latest issue that's compatible with Windows 7.  That was at the end of an hour+ call after he tried other versions that weren't compatible.  And 1.5 hours with the 1st support person who tried several later versions none of which were compatible.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hmmm...I asked our Engineers and they said that Windows 7 should work with our newest desktop version. Have you tried to download the 10.1 version?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thank you Saadet.  I still have a case open so when I'm able to call back I'll see if the notes show which versions they tried.  I'm almost positive the 1st rep tried what she called the "latest" version and that was one of the ones that was not compatible.
0 Likes 0 · ·
At any rate, I'm not trying to use some exotic feature.  Shouldn't the soft phone work properly to do a simple ringout call on 9.3.5?
0 Likes 0 · ·
My pleasure, Alan! Hopefully updating to the newest one will help.

I think I know which error message you're referring to but could you share it? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's possibly network/ISP related. Meaning that the softphone is having issues connecting to our server. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces