question

east-coast-radio-creative avatar image
east-coast-radio-creative asked ·

Can't Place VoIP call from iPhone

Why am I not able to use the RC iPhone app to place a VoIP direct dial call?

The help document clearly shows this being possible https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/ringcentral-phone-mobile-voip-calling-... but I do not have this 'Call Settings' option on my iPhone app.

The only thing it let's me do is RingOut, and this is specifically what I am NOT wanting to do. I want to be able to make calls over WiFi either to not use my carrier minutes, or while travelling abroad and only having WiFi.

Currently if I turn off cellular data and only leave WiFi on, it can't make the call, because it's forcing me to RingOut through my carrier cell number.

How do I find the Call Settings button shown in the help document so I can enable voice calls and not have to use RingOut?

I'm using a Canada account, iPhone 5C, latest version of the RC app.

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
Do you have a digital line (direct number) assigned to you?  I am pretty sure that is a requirement.
8 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I'm not entirely sure but I think so? When I go in and look I do have a number assigned, type shows direct, etc..

Is this correct? See below.. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 · ·
It seems you do.  If you turn off airplane mode do you get other options?  Mine shows options:

- always use voip
- use voip only on wifi
- always use cellular (RingOut)
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey there! I checked your account and it seems you don't have a DL. I would suggest contacting your Account Manger 
1 Like 1 · ·
Seems to make no difference.. That's odd, you are definitely getting the screen shown in the help doc. Does it have to do with my iOS version on the iPhone 5c is a bit older?

The actual version of the RC app is showing 10.1.1.1.9 (51.10.1.103)
0 Likes 0 · ·
You can learn more about purchasing a full DL here.

Right now, you simply have a phone number only. 
1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces