question

dharrel11144 avatar image
dharrel11144 asked ·

Headset volume low in desktop app when at least calling regular phones

I am using the RingCentral desktop app on Windows 10, "Current Version: 10.1.2.31099".  In the app settings, "Sound" group, the volume slider is set at 100%.  When I call a regular phone from the desktop app, the volume level through my headset is low even when the Windows volume for the headset is also 100%.  Other sounds produced by the computer come through much louder on the headset, including phone calls made from Skype.  

Interestingly, I used RingCentral to call RingCentral technical support at 8553015600 and the volume level was good (although support disconnected me).  

Further, in Windows "Sound" settings I set "When Windows detects communication activity" to "Do nothing".  

Any suggestions for getting my volume level up?  

I am using RingCentral Office in Canada.

Thanks.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nicole10727 avatar image
nicole10727 answered ·
What kind of headset are you using? Sometimes there is an application you can download for your particular headset, and adjust the volume that way.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dharrel11144 avatar image
dharrel11144 answered ·
I am using the headset: Vengeance 2100, by Corsair.  Thanks.
1 comment Share

Maybe one these will help:  https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads
Good luck!
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces