question

tristan-mitchell11164 avatar image
tristan-mitchell11164 asked jeremy-reyes14377 answered

Transferring Calls to Extensions

Using an Australian account type. Using the RC Phone Application

When I receive an external call through our business line, If I try to transfer this to another extension in the Network it will not work. The call just goes back to myself as the first point of contact.

If somebody within our RC System calls my extension and I go to transfer the call to another extension, this works. Anybody know the reason behind my issue with external call transferring?

call forwarding
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

justin2327 avatar image
justin2327 answered
Hello Tristan,
I recommend to open a support case so this can be investigated. The account configuration should be looked at.

Thanks,
Justin Rampy
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tristan-mitchell11164 avatar image
tristan-mitchell11164 answered
Hi Justin,

I have opened a support case as well, I was just curious if anybody else is experiencing this issue.

UPDATE: I am using an iPhone 7 updated to the Latest iOS (11.4.1). Transferring calls seems to work on my personal phone (iPhone X running iOS 11.4.1).
1 |3000

justin2327 avatar image
justin2327 answered
Hello Tristan,
The case you opened will help to identify any potential configuration issues. Depending on how the system was programmed, there could be a way to make changes to alleviate the symptom you are experiencing. I am not aware of other customers reporting the same problem which lead me to advise the opening of the case.

Thanks,
Justin Rampy 
1 |3000

jeremy-reyes14377 avatar image
jeremy-reyes14377 answered
Hello Tristan, 
I am having the same issue, however we are having issues forwarding the call to an extension. 
Transferring the call works fine however the user needs to answer it, then transfer.

However, we do not wish to answer the call and would rather just forward the call back to the queue but just like your case when we forward to an extension it routes directly to the recipients voicemail, so far I have just been told to contact the support line, and havent received help on here. 

Let me know if you were able to find anything!  
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app