question

mike-mayleben11225 avatar image
mike-mayleben11225 asked ·

Android App - No Voicemail messages showing up

We get the emails with the voicemail recording but there is no entry in the app. I tried re-sync but that does not fix the issue. This was an issue on my Samsung S7 and now on my brand new S9, so I've got the latest version of the RingCentral app.

Is there a setting that would prevent voicemail messages from being listed in the app to listen to?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Mike, are you still having issues? Do the voicemails show up on either the desktop app or your online portal?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike-mayleben11225 answered ·
They do not shop on either Desktop or Andiod phone apps. I get the emails to listen to them and I can see them when I login to my RingCentral account.

Is there a setting that's blocking them from showing up in the apps?

Hmmmm....which extension are you receiving the voicemails on? There isn't a setting that I know of, your messages should be accessible from all points (online, mobile, & desktop)

Ya know what, maybe I'm logged into my extension but I just use the main phone number 8779345267 and the password (like I do for RingCentral.com)... I have my extension 101 and then I have Sales and Customer Service (options 1 and 2)... but everything comes to me.
1 comment Share

Yep! I think that's it. So right now, you're getting emails sent to you because you have Notifications on extensions 1 & 2 to send to your email address. So, a couple of things you can do, and it all depends upon your preferences:

1) If you want to see the voicemails on extension 1 & 2, you will simply have to login as those extensions (either online, mobile, or desktop)
2) You could set it up so that extension 101 (your extension) receives the messages for extensions 1 & 2 by changing the Message Recipient, this way you only have to log into one extension.
But keep in mind that whatever voicemail greeting you have set on your extension will be what people who call extensions 1 & 2 hear.

0 Likes 0 · ·
This is awesome! Since I'm a small business and only me taking calls, I just setup extensions 1 and 2 to come to me and make sure the voicemail greeting is kind of generic. THANK YOU!
1 comment Share

You're very welcome! Always happy to help :)
0 Likes 0 · ·
I get emails with an attachment of the voicemail to listen to. 

Hey Mike, I've made this conversation Private so you can share more detailed account specific info with me.

Right now, your extension 101 has no voicemails on it. However, extensions 1 and 2 (which are Call Queues) have some voicemails.

So when you're logging into the desktop/mobile app, what extension(s) are you logging in as? And which extension(s) are you receiving the voicemails on? It should say in your email

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces