question

chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 asked ·

Issues with glip call handling

I've set my call handling to be handled by glip as it's been said lately that its going to become the "all in one" style app. I recently have encountered issues with getting calls to me. If my office needs me they will just press the 1 touch speed dial on their phone to reach me. This hasn't been happening. Any ideas?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hmm....are you using the desktop, web, or mobile app? Is this happening for all calls or just some? How do your colleagues have their speed dials set up (i.e. your direct number or main number + extension)?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-duquette4018 answered ·
mainly my mobile app. the speed dials on their phones are just presence keys for my direct extension. 

Well, people would call and I have my my missed calls set to send me a text and email so I know if Ive missed anything. My app will have never rang but I have missed calls. Would these notifications happen if I am part of a ringing group? Like a virtual extension with all phones for my company in it? Even if that were the case, my app should still ring correct?

Hmm....so what exactly is happening? Please walk me through what you're experiencing so I can get a better idea of what's going on. The more details the better! :)

So I just had someone call my number directly and i got a little notification on my computer screen, then my app rang!!! hooray!!

not sure if you want to loop a tech into this but i'm assuming my missed call issue is most likely because my extension is also set to ring in an extension that acts as a ring group.

Ah, I see. So unfortunately, the new RC app does not receive calls from RingGroups yet :( I just found out today and was quite bummed about it...also, the web and desktop RC app clients can't accept calls from a Call Queue - but the mobile app will soon. This is definitely something to consider and keep in mind. 

Hey Chris, I just received an update so please disregard what I mentioned earlier about Call Queue calls. The RingCentral app for the desktop, web, and mobile clients can receive calls from a Call Queue.

However, the Product Team is still working on fixing this for RingGroups.

I actually had to handle my calls for the office today strictly on my app, I have my calls set to be handled through the old "glip" now "ringcentral" app. It seems to have worked very well and besides a few wrong numbers everything went great.

Curious, do you have DND set anywhere? Have you checked your Detailed Call Logs? What does the result show for those calls? Feel free to give me any Call Samples (since this post is private) and I can also look at it :) Oh and the account number for where this is happening!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces