question

scott-sawczynec10170 avatar image
scott-sawczynec10170 asked ·

Can we get a list of IPs to whitelist in our spam filter?

I am looking for a list of IPs that we can add to our spam filter whitelist rather than having to add individual addresses each time we discover something is being tagged or blocked. Would these be covered in the supernets listed at  https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/9233#7 ?

Currently we have the following in our list, is there any others we should be aware of? I still would like IPs if possible.

notify@ringcentral.com

service@ringcentral.com

@ mail-from-domain.glip.com - we have a bunch of random addresses with this domain, so I added the whole domain, but would prefer not to whitelist whole domains

rcvm@ringcentral.com

support@ringcentral.com
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Scott, unfortunately I don't have the IP information you seek. Whitelisting the @ringcentral.com domain is your best bet. Also, don't forget about  webportalsupport@ringcentral.com

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

scott-sawczynec10170 avatar image
scott-sawczynec10170 answered ·
Saadet,

Can you escalate this to someone who does have them? Whitelisting a whole domain is not best practice and would open us up to anyone who wanted to spoof an @ ringcentral.com address.

Individual addresses are fine, but with the amount of times things have changed at RingCentral in regards to names, I don't want to be constantly having to change them as well.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Scott, in all honesty I'm not sure if that is information that we can share. I've tried to get an answer on it but haven't been able to track one down.

The issue I see with only allowing specific email addresses, as opposed to allowing the domain, is that you could miss out on when a Support Agent emails you from their direct RingCentral email account. At that point, you'd be missing out on valuable communication, and I'd hate to see that happen. 

I've seen people try to "spoof" emails and make it look like it's coming from RingCentral but the key is that they cannot use our domain name.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces