question

ken-berman avatar image
ken-berman asked michael-rawlins commented

Launch Glip on system start ?

Does Glip/RingCentral app automatically launch on sys start by default?

Can you control this command on a global level for all users? If not, I can create a new GPO to force this action.

thanks

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mona-graoui7095 avatar image
mona-graoui7095 answered michael-rawlins commented
Hello Ken, 

There is a setting that allows the RingCentral App (Glip) to launch at system start up that is normally enabled by default when the app is downloaded. Your end users can change that setting by going to File and checking or unchecking "Launch RingCentral on system start". There is no current admin functions with in the application that would allow you to enable the function globally to all users on your account so I would recommend creating a new GPO to force the action. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Mona Graoui
RingCentral App (Glip) support engineer. 
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jason-lee avatar image jason-lee commented ·
That function doesn't work for me.  No matter checking or unchecking, the app launches all the time on system start.  Please let me know if there's a way to stop auto launching on system start.
1 Like 1 ·
jason-lee avatar image jason-lee commented ·
I solved this problem this way on Windows 10: Win + R, and type "shell:startup" without quotation marks.  It directs you to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.  Then delete RingCentral short cut from the directory.  That's it!
1 Like 1 ·
michael-rawlins avatar image michael-rawlins commented ·
Worked like a charm, thanks!
1 Like 1 ·
michael-rawlins avatar image michael-rawlins commented ·
Same here - Whether the setting is checked or not the app still launches on start. Please also let ME know if there is a way to stop this. 
0 Likes 0 ·
ken-berman avatar image
ken-berman answered saadetswift16514 commented
Thanks. I was curious if this option was enabled by default, otherwise I would have to create a new group policy to enforce the app to run.

Do you know if there are any analytical tools for Glip? Really looking for user login charts and usage.

thanks,
Ken
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Ken,

No analytic tools at this time. However, our Analytics team would very much be interested in hearing more! Would it be ok with you if they reached out via email?
1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app