Contact info from user info is overriding incoming caller id in directory
I am the administrator of our system. I put my cel number in the "contact phone" field of all the users I set up including the super admin ones. Now when I call or text to the other users in the system, my caller id gets picked up as one of those users who have my cel number in the contact field. How do I get the directory/incoming caller id to ignore those "contact phone" entries? Thanks to whoever solves for me.
Thanks. Not sure how to do an example of this. But try this. When I set up a different user, call it "dispatch 2" for example. In the user information under user details "contact phone" (which is defined as "This contact number will be used to contact you if we need to verify your identity".) I list my celphone xxxx2209 number. Same celphone number is already listed for me with my name David in company contacts list. But now if I call or text in to any company number from that celphone xxx2209, the caller id sees me as "dispatch2" vs. David. It seems that the "contact phone" data field overrides all else for the caller id system.
I have fixed this by removing "contact phone" entries on most users and using an unrelated personal phone number in the super admin which requires an entry. Now when I call or text, I come up as David again but probably will have trouble if RC needs to call that number for verification.
This started about 6 to 9 months ago. Did not have the problem before that.