question

oz1034 avatar image
oz1034 asked ·

URL to Dial out

Is there still a way to dial with a URL? This was shut down recently;

https://service.ringcentral.com/ringout.asp?
cmd=call&username=1XXXXXXXXXX&ext=XXX&password=XXXXXXXX
&
to=XXXXXXXXXX&from=XXX-XXX-XXXX&prompt=0

This URL method of dialing was perfect for my application. I can't find a clear indication that 
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey there, could you provide more information regarding what feature you're looking for and on what application? 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

glass11496 avatar image
glass11496 answered ·
I have the same problem. I have been using this for years and the URL stopped working two days ago.
https://service.ringcentral.com/ringout.asp?cmd=call&username=xxxxxxxxxx&ext=100&password=Password&from=xxxxxxxxxx&to=xxxxxxxxxx

oz1034 avatar image
oz1034 answered ·
I wrote my own basic phone-dialing web page. When I click a hyperlink in my page, it pops open a window that loads the URL, dials my contact and rings my phone.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey there! Looks like you are using an older URL that has since been updated. You can learn more about it here

oz1034 avatar image
oz1034 answered ·
I found the answer to this problem!
I'm posting it here for anyone who happens to stumble across this issue in their own search.

Replace;

https://service.ringcentral.com/ringout.asp?
cmd=call&username=1XXXXXXXXXX&ext=XXX&password=XXXXXXXX
&
to=XXXXXXXXXX&from=XXX-XXX-XXXX&prompt=0

with;

rcmobile://call?number=+1XXXXXXXXXX

You have to answer a windows dialog to make RingCentral be the default dialing app, work more quickly, and doesn't ring your phone until you answer. I'm very happy with this solution.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app