question

jeremy-tinkel avatar image
jeremy-tinkel asked ·

Reports by Department

Hi, not sure if this is related - I need a simple billing report by department so we can charge the departments individually. I can't seem to find anything. We don't have a call queue at all. Everything rings into Dial by Directory, DID or ring all phones. We have several departments and need to charge out the cost to the organizational units. Right now, everything hits our IT budget and we have to separate manually. Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: We would use RingCentral company wide if we could Report or provide access by dep....
aaa
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Jeremy, I'm not quite sure what your need is. Could you provide more details? What is the report for and how does billing fit into it?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jeremy-tinkel avatar image
jeremy-tinkel answered ·
We have a complex organizational structure. We have several business units that are tagged as their department #. I see the department number when viewing all users. What I need is an easy to export report that itemizes the users by department. I am using the export user list for now and cleaning up the metadata for the accountants. 
5 comments

Hey Jeremy,

Are you currently looking for this information in Historical Reports?

Have you tried gathering your information from the Call Log? You can export it to an Excel Spreadsheet and you may have some more flexibility there.
0 Likes 0 ·
I don't think the call logs or historical reports are very helpful at all. We aren't billing the departments by the minutes of use and we are not concerned with the number of calls, who called or how long they conversed. We are billing them according to the number of lines in their department.$$/User/Month. Lines may not have the same plan and subscription fee even within the same department so it's difficult to articulate communication spend to the department manager. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Oh, so you're looking for something along the lines of which Users are currently active on your RingCentral account and how much their line costs per month? Is that correct?
0 Likes 0 ·
Yes! User, DID#,  $$/Month, and Department. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Gotcha, so we don't have anything like that today. However! Our Product Team is looking for more feedback about this type of Reporting. Please share your thoughts with Luibov, she is very interested :)
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces