question

josh-considine11283 avatar image
josh-considine11283 asked Angela Gick commented

Text auto-response

Does anyone know of a plug-in that would allow for auto-replies to text/sms? It is a feature that RingCentral seems to not value very high on building in themselves.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
You might want to refer to this discussion regarding SMS text auto-responders

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/auto-text-responder?utm_source=notification&...

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered craig1234567 commented
Josh, depending on what you want to do, please try out our Zapier integration. It can handle incoming text and posting a text back to the inbound number. They have a free tier that you can try this out on.

https://zapier.com/apps/ringcentral/integrations

Let us know if that works for you.
6 comments
1 |3000

gold-crate avatar image gold-crate commented ·
hey buddy i found a workaround after having the same problem. just add a filter step and set the step to NOT continue if Phone number from = *your phone number* then it wont loop because outgoing msgs wont activate the zap
1 Like 1 ·
diane-nelligan12679 avatar image diane-nelligan12679 commented ·
Is this still relevant or do you have a response tool?  I currently have our gas orders on a text only line, and would like our dispatcher to be able to reply back that the order is received.  Can you help?  We are seeing a lot more tests for orders and we will need to make this process more efficient.  
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Diane, you could check with other users on the Developer Community :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
steve-hohenwarter11565 avatar image steve-hohenwarter11565 commented ·
I used Zapier and it was a disaster. Something gets triggered when the auto-response is sent that creates an "echo" where I start replying to MYSELF over and over and over again and I have to go in and delete 1,000s of texts to myself if I'm not near a computer quick enough. I deleted the Zapier service immediately
0 Likes 0 ·
craig1234567 avatar image craig1234567 commented ·
I also got Zapier auto replying to incoming texts, but like you said it goes into a neverending loop of sending and replying to myself. The problem is with the Zapier integration with RingCentral. Zapier is looking for both new incoming and new outgoing RingCentral SMS's as a trigger. So every incoming and every outgoing SMS triggers the auto-response. If it would only monitor incoming SMS this would work.

I'm beyond frustrated with RingCentral. I've had all kinds of SMS problems with this company and this is just the lastest. It's a basic feature that is long overdue by years - just look at the dates on this forum. RingCentral support has been no help at all and still has no ETA for such a highly requested service.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
ralph-milone2043 avatar image
ralph-milone2043 answered ryan-shank-116354 commented
Just found a compay that offer textback www.phonewagon.com  We are using them with our ring central service.  IVR goes to extension with a number on that account that uses text back.
3 comments
1 |3000

admin-account123 avatar image admin-account123 commented ·
I blew up phone wagon, they cannot handle large accounts
0 Likes 0 ·
ralph-milone2043 avatar image ralph-milone2043 commented ·
Lol, I'm using them for the automatic text backing and it's been working perfect. Just annoys me that I have to use another company for that technology.
0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-shank-116354 avatar image ryan-shank-116354 commented ·
hey it's ryan from phonewagon. we DEFINITELY can handle large accounts. email me ryan@phonewagon.com
0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Angela Gick commented

Hi all,

I am pleased to let you know that the RingCentral Labs team just published an Auto-Reply SMS add-in for the RC app. Just in case you still need the feature, Install, setup and enjoy auto-reply for missed calls, voicemail or SMS.

1 comment
1 |3000

Angela Gick avatar image Angela Gick commented ·

Add-in has been REMOVED in RingCentral!!! :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app