question

copeland avatar image
copeland asked ·

Different Ring Tone

I hate the standard ringtone that comes with a desktop phone,  How do I change it or do I need to switch to another provider?
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

taylor9773 avatar image
taylor9773 answered ·
The ringtone is set on the phone locally. You can adjust it in the settings. I can't give you more details as you have provided barely any. What type of phone do you have? It would have come with instructions, or you can google the model to find a manual online.

Changing providers won't change your ringtone.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

teresa-habeck5373 avatar image
teresa-habeck5373 answered ·
Join the rest of us :(

taylor9773 avatar image
taylor9773 answered ·
I have mine set to warble. It stands out and sounds nicer in my opinion. However, I don't know what options all phones have. If you have a VVX411, try warble.

chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 answered ·
each phone has a different set of tones. You'd have to cycle through and pick what sounds best to you.

melody-kawczynski avatar image
melody-kawczynski answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Differentiating Ring Tones. Our office has the Polycom 400 series. Can I set up so when someone calls the office it is one type of ringtone, and when we send a call into an individual office it is a different type of ringtone? I don't want to set up for individual contacts, just each person sitting at each desk can have a distinct ring tone different from the main line.
6 comments

Hello - has this change been addressed? Trying to configure our new phones so that when I receive a direct call I get a different ringtone as opposed to a call into our receptionist group?
1 Like 1 ·
Hi Steve, 

This idea is still collecting votes as a Feature Request. If you would like to add your vote, please vote for it  here
1 Like 1 ·
Brandon, the youtube video you sent does not address the issue I have.  I would like my individual desk phone to have 2 rings, one specific ring when the main office line is called, and one specific ring when someone is trying to call me personally.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Melody, sorry, at first your request seemed to be about changing the ringtones for each phone to be something different. What you're actually asking for is not yet possible. Please vote for it here
0 Likes 0 ·
Wish I would have know that...that would have been a game changer...
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app