question

tino-lazaroff12000 avatar image
tino-lazaroff12000 asked ·

Custom hold music bug or possible feature request - ring central to ring central

Seems if a if a ring central to ring central call is made, the caller's custom hold music will not play back for the recipient if they put the person on hold, it will play back the hold music of the person that was called (the recipient of the call). This behavior is different when a ring central caller calls an outside contact. Then the custom hold music will play for the recipient of the call.

Not sure if there can be a feature added that will keep the behavior the same for a ring central to ring central call.  Tech support says this is normal behavior but I think its a little odd. 

General Topic
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hi Tino,

I just tested this myself and could not replicate what you're experiencing. Could you provide more details? Can you share with me the extension number that has the custom Hold Music on it?
3 comments
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ok great and will do :) 
1 Like 1 ·
sorry for the delay. We tested and replicated with a tech that was on call with me and a co-worker. If you wish, I can set up and we can test.

Basically its an internal issue only.

-So lets say I have custom hold music (Classical) and a co-worker has music (Jazz). If I call my co-worker and put them on hold, it will play their music (Jazz) and not mine.  I can help set this up if you need.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Tino! No worries. I checked with Support and this is a known issue that we are working on fixing.

If anyone else experiences this issue, please open a case and include JIRA CNV-12234
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app