question

wyatt11768 avatar image
wyatt11768 asked ·

Special Ring tone for certain Incoming CallerID numbers

I am an insurance agency and I work with mortgage brokers that will send me leads.  To offer a higher level of service to the brokers, I would like a way for our staff to know when they are calling vs. normal calls.  My thought was to have a different ring tone when the brokers caller ID comes in.  I would need to assign this ring tone to about 8 different caller ID numbers.  Is this possible?  

If the ring tone is not possible, another thought was having a dedicated number the brokers would call.  If I did this, any ideas how I could have their calls stand out from other callers?

Thanks!
Scottie
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hi Scottie!

Right now we don't have Distinctive RingTones for when different calls come in. Please vote and follow this request.

For the dedicated phone number, I think we could get something to work! Could you provide more details about the call flow you currently have? Are calls coming into a queue or a direct extension? What kind of behavior are you looking for?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

wyatt11768 avatar image
wyatt11768 answered ·
Hi Saadet, thanks for your reply.  The calls for our main number are coming into an auto-receptionist and it sequentially rings different extensions until it goes to VM (after ~5 total rings).  

I would like to give VIP people one of the phone numbers tied to an extension.  When that number is called, it would have a distinctive ring tone because that same number/extension is part of the auto-reception call handling for our main phone number.  The distinctive ring tone would help differentiate the call from a standard call. 
Secondly, if the phone is not answered, it would ring a sequential number 2 times before going into a VM.  It would be good if it keeps the same distinctive ring as it goines through the call handling sequence. Thanks.
1 comment

Hi WYATT, so we're not going to be able to do a differentiating ringtone like you're hoping but maybe for that specific phone number that is being dialed, you can change a setting on the Extension where the Incoming Caller ID pops up as the number dialed. That might help! 
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app