question

jeffrey-goodman12523 avatar image
jeffrey-goodman12523 asked ·

How do you merge an active call with a parked call?

Hi All,

I have been saddled with the absolutely maddening issue with RingCentral that any call I place on hold starts ringing like a new call on my assistant's phone who monitors my lines.  As a solution I created parked call presence locations on my personal phone so I can place someone in a parked location and my assistant will not see the call as a new call on her line.

I need to figure out a way that solves the following scenario:

1.  I am on an active call.
2.  Another call comes in while I am on that call.
3.  I place my current active call in a parked location so that it is on hold without my assistant seeing it ring like a new call on her line.
4.  I answer the new incoming call.
5.  The person on the new active call is someone I want to join in a three way call with the person in the parked location.

How do I complete step 5?  

If I hit the conference key on the phone and hit the parked line soft key, the system tells me the parked location is no longer available.

Likewise, if I am on a single active call and want to add another person to the call and I hit the conference key on the phone, Ring Central immediately places the active call in to a "hold" status (causing it to ring on my assistant's phone as if it were a new call) while I dial the third person I had been hoping to join on the line.  By the time the third person answers, my assistant has already answered the original call thinking it was a new caller.  

Thanks,

Jeff
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ·
Hi Jeff, 

Currently there is not a way to complete step 5 as you are describing it. You're still able to have conference calls on your desktop phone, softphone, and mobile phone-- you will just need to call one individual and conference in the third individual, or set up a room for the individuals to call into. 
2 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

How do you conference two people without the system thinking one of them is on hold and causing the line to ring like a new call on my assistants phone?
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff you might want to vote on this.

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/placing-caller-on-hold-causes-other-phone-that-...

People would like the extension being monitored not to ring the extension that is monitoring when a call is placed on hold.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app