question

hosler avatar image
hosler asked ·

Fax numbers showing up in a funny format.

Recently all my phone numbers in fax message log in the outbox and sent box are showing up in a strange format, i.e. if the number was (123) 456-7890 it shows up as +1 234567890 or +12 (3) 4567890. Anyone know why?
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered ·
I am seeing the same issue from some of my users. Have you opened a ticket with support?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Please open a ticket with our Support Team so we can investigate! 
1 comment

Thanks Saadet, I opened a case. I will update when I hear something.
1 Like 1 ·
lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered ·
Just talked to support. The support person I talked to said this is a bug that should be resolved in the next update, but was not sure because there is no ETA it this time.  
1 comment

Thank you for checking on this.  I'll wait for the next update and see what happens.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Thanks, Lee. Looks like this issue is associated with JIRA RC-57800.

Lee, your case is already tagged with the JIRA. HOSLER, if you haven't already opened a case, make sure to mention that JIRA in your case notes 
2 comments

Thank you Saadet. I asked for the JIRA, I was going to post it here. But the support person said they do not have access. lol. I knew you would. 
0 Likes 0 ·
kws12997 avatar image
kws12997 answered ·
I am having the same issue and cannot easily resend failed faxes like I used to. I now have to retype the fax number or I get an error about international calling. The numbers show up correct in call long but in wrong format in outbox and sent messages. I chatted with tech support online, but they couldn't figure it out and sent me to this site. Do I need to open a ticket too?
1 comment

Hi KWS, 

Please open up a Support ticket and include JIRA RC-57800.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app