question

rhonda3191 avatar image
rhonda3191 asked ·

Today started this issue when calling from desktop app: You havent registered your address for 911...... and they can't make a call

Users are hearing "You havent
registered your address for 911" when trying to make a call using the desktop app. This just started today. As an admin I go to their softphone in Phones and Devices, Emergency Address, Edit address, Click to agree, save. Then they can make a call. The emergency address is already in there, I do not have to even change that. 
This has happened to a couple people so far but most people use desk phones so it might not hit too many but I am guessing this is happening to others as of today! 
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 answered ·
I think its somewhere in the "user details" as well. Don't hold me to it but I'm pretty sure it shows up more than 1 place.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rhonda3191 avatar image
rhonda3191 answered ·
Unless it shows up in their settings so they can change it themselves I guess it doesn't matter. I want to send out a message telling users if they get that what to do to fix it. But if I have to fix if for them I am going to just wait until they reach out!  Thanks

chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 answered ·
i'll try and see if i can find it and let you know where it occurs.

lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered ·
It has happened to a couple of my users also. It is located under phones and numbers, phones, then edit the phone and it's at the bottom of the screen. I don't know if they are not checking the box but after I did it they could make calls again. 
1 comment

That's where I found it. I may be confusing it with activating the user from scratch and having to input it 2 times.
0 Likes 0 ·
rhonda3191 avatar image
rhonda3191 answered ·
Oh, I see it under my Polycom settings but not the softphone. For users that only have a softphone they should see it under their settings when the click to edit that phone? Kind of a lot of drilling in, I think it used to be in the User Details. But It is better than me having to do it I guess. 

Thanks 
2 comments

if its strictly a soft phone then i'd reach out to RC and see if they can help you out. Had an issue with the back end soft phone phone number that you cant see on your account was hacked. It was calling people and we had to open a case up with support. Maybe there is something behind the curtain they can adjust.
0 Likes 0 ·
If they have a digital line it should be there. I see it for my users that only have the softphone. I was going to open a ticket with support, the engineers are already looking into this. They are telling everyone to refresh the address page, check the box and click "I accept" until it is resolved.
0 Likes 0 ·
chris-verdin522 avatar image
chris-verdin522 answered ·
I've had 2 users today have the same issue.  

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ·
Hi Everyone, 

I've got a couple resources for you! Check out the KB article  here  for instructions on how to update your E911 address. 

To change update your E911 address, navigate to the Device in question: 

A Digital Line on a Hard Phone will look like this: 

A Digital Line on a Soft Phone will look like this: 

If for any reason your settings do not look or function like the above, please 

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app