question

kelsey-charron10930 avatar image
kelsey-charron10930 asked ·

Auto Forward Inbound Call from Specific # to Queue

We have several customers that are dialing the incorrect persons number when calling in, we've provided them the correct number but they still call the wrong one.  It's important these calls get to our service queues though.  Can I setup a rule based on the inbound phone number to auto forward it right to our queue when it calls?  I see how to do it to a direct person/number but couldn't find and option to put them into the queue.
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered ·
It can done.  I've got it set up for a client and it works fine.  So is the number they are calling a company number or a DID?
9 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Danno, I don't think you can forward to a call queue from an extension that has the DID.
1 Like 1 ·
NVM, I know what you mean by message. Under Messages and Notifications.
1 Like 1 ·
Can either of you assist me with how to build this?  I'm not seeing where I would forward it under Messages and Notifications.
1 Like 1 ·
Danno, how would this work? Wouldn't the user have to let every call go to VM to get it to forward to the call queue?
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app