question

roy1 avatar image
roy1 asked ·

Forwarding to my cell AFTER X number of rings?

I have my incoming calls forwarded to my cell after 4 rings--I thought-- but it still rings simultaneously with my desk phone. Is there another setting?  It is annoying be at my desk and have them both ring at the same time.
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

john-thephoneguy12668 avatar image
john-thephoneguy12668 answered ·
set the Incoming Calls Forward in this Order  to sequential

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

roy1 avatar image
roy1 answered ·
It was, but I see there is also another setting "desktop & mobile" that was set to 0 rings, so I assume that was tying them together. I disabled that and it works now. Thanks!

john-thephoneguy12668 avatar image
john-thephoneguy12668 answered ·
sorry, forgot that part.

jay-nichols5644 avatar image
jay-nichols5644 answered ·
One of the problems I see in the workings of RC.  There are too many places to set a control that will disable or change the same control somewhere else.  I was on the phone once with support trying to fix a problem like this and after about 30 min, we found a place about 4 entries deep that was preventing the original setting to work properly.  Very confusing to have to go to several different places to get something to work.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app