question

kayla-rolich13381 avatar image
kayla-rolich13381 asked Alan commented

Custom Away Status

On the Glip app, you can set custom away status messages. Is there any way to delete ones that are no longer in use? or do they stay there forever?

presence
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alan avatar image Alan commented ·

1. I'm unable to set a custom status (like 'Lunch') and then have it persist or be available to select the next day? Do I have to type it out every day?
2. How do I create my own custom status(es)? I don't plan on using any of the standard statuses.

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered steve-zanardi commented
Hi Kayla, 

The easiest way to delete any custom away message is to go to the custom field, and enter in a space. This will save the field as a blank field, effectively allowing you to delete the previous custom status :) 
14 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

merlene-manuel7563 avatar image merlene-manuel7563 commented ·
I just figured what she means.  Lol.  To add a custom status, click on your picture icon (or member icon if no picture saved), then "Share Status", then enter a note (ex., Out of Office for Holidays).  To remove the status note, click on your picture/member icon, then "Share Status", then enter a space.  The result is that is erases the former note.  Simple, but not obvious.

1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Mike! Our Product Team is working on making the quick options for the desktop app mirror what is currently on the mobile app. We haven't been told when that will happen but it is on the roadmap.
1 Like 1 ·
merlene-manuel7563 avatar image merlene-manuel7563 commented ·
Where is this custom field you describe?

0 Likes 0 ·
kayla-rolich13381 avatar image kayla-rolich13381 commented ·
https://i.imgur.com/nsABM16.png
The "set custom status". If you notice, I have a status called "lunch til 12:30", is there any way to delete that?
0 Likes 0 ·
kayla-rolich13381 avatar image kayla-rolich13381 commented ·
Shoot, do you have to do it after that exact status was created? Because that's not working for me. I even switched to that status, then did the space, and its still there.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
luke-sipple6462 avatar image
luke-sipple6462 answered
Bump.  We need feature & experience parity between mobile and desktop!
1 |3000

chris-wert avatar image
chris-wert answered
Bump this back up as we would like to use this and actually started another thread about it

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app