question

tal1 avatar image
tal1 asked ·

How to access another user's voicemail

My Admin person often handles my VM. How can they access the VM from their User extension?
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ·
Hi Tal, 

Within the mailbox, click on "Message Recipient". From the resulting list, you can select the extension mailbox to deliver messages to. It delivers the voice messages and any faxes to the destination mailbox you select from that list.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tal1 avatar image
tal1 answered ·
Jessica, I don't want the Admin person to access all my VM messages all the time, just when I direct them to do so. For example I may say; "There's a message on my VM from John Doe, please handle it". I want a way for them to be able to log in to my VM as needed. Our previous VoiP provider had a *98 function that then had the user enter the Extension and Pwd to access any extension's VM.
2 comments

Sorry about that Tal! What admin person will need to do is: 

1. Call your RingCentral Main Number or Direct Number.

2. Press the star key (*).

NOTE: If you do not have a greeting in your extension, press the star key after the 2nd ring.

3. Enter your PIN followed by the hash sign (#) once prompted.

4. Listen to the prompt for instructions or press One (1) to listen to your messages. For the list of commands, go to Options when listening to a voice message over the phone

Check out more info on this KB article

1 Like 1 ·
Perfect! That's the answer I was looking for. Ty
1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app